How I Wear: LBD


London has become an oven and so I've pretty much ditched jeans this week, and been mainly in dresses as it's near impossible to get jeans on at the moment anyway- Think Ross from Friends trying to get these leather pants on. I have not worn a little black dress in forever, mainly because I could never find one that I liked. Either the cut was wrong or the print wasn't right. So when I spied this Skeleton heart one I knew it would be easy to style and wear. Sometimes as much as I love all colour it doesn't always work, so I decided to go for monochrome and just use a few jazzy accessorise. Like my cute Minions necklace from Tatty Devine, Stuart the Minion is part of their new range and after taking my boys on the weekend to see it I'm feeling the hype and have been buying lots of yellow and bananas. 

Photos taken by Lois at Bunnipunch 
Sunglasses: Choies*
Choker: EBay
Minions Necklace: Tatty Devine* 
Skeleton Dress: Romwe*
Bag and Sandals: Primark 

I've been making space for all my new summer wardrobe by selling a lot on my EBay,  I think as a hoarder this has been a massive step into a new way of thinking about my clothing and that clearing out can feel just as great as the rush of buying things. I've treated the boys to some new things which has been great. It's a great feeling to look into your wardrobe and see items you really love and to wear what you have. I don't think you can every go wrong with a LBD, I think it's about finding the right style and fit for you. For me it's about staying cool in the heat, a fun print and a cut that suits my height. There are so many ways you can style a LBD if it's in a jersey fabric, don't forget the power of your accessories I always go for funky sunglasses and layer a couple of necklaces like my 90s choker. What's your favourite LBD? 

No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x