February Favourites


I can't believe how quickly February is vanished, January was such a long struggle that  February felt like the actual beginning of the year. While it's still cold and grey here in London, I enjoyed this month I feel like I'm starting to get stuff done. It's been a little slow as I've been battling with my health again, but trying my best to get out and enjoy some family time again. While this weekend we didn't do anything, I was pleased to have some down time. I felt like death, so spent most my time in bed doing the odd bit of crochet while Baz took care of the boys who were happy to ignore everyone and play with their games and gadgets. We did manage to go to the farm a while ago, and enjoy a day or two out I think sometimes we all need a little push to go out. The half term wasn't thee most exciting, but I did enjoy time with the boys and I hope next time we get to do a bit more. March has been slow, but I took so much needed time out off society media and here just to be. So sorry this is way late and it's been quite here, but I'm looking forward to sharing a bunch of stuff and getting back into a routine. 




Barry's Bread


It's no secret that Barry is a far better cook then me. He loves to experiment with recipes, find meals that the boys will enjoy as well as us. One of the things he wanted to learn was  how to make bread, as a lover of gadgets I was going to get him a bread maker. But Baz decided to try and test some different recipes to be able to make it by hand. And that's exactly what he did. While the recipe is not his own, I love that rather then investing in another bulky kitchen gadget he keep at it and now bakes bread every other week. I love when the smells fills the house, and it's such a lovely comfort food in these cold months. His made a lot lately, as I think he knows it makes me happy. It may seem simple to some, but while I bake I'm not sure I could make bread as good as he does. I'm sure I'll give it a go at some point, but for now I'll happily enjoy his baking. 




Spending Time At Tate Modern 

Family time is always good for the soul, and while Baz is not a fan of it and prefer the National portrait gallery. I did manage to get him to come to one of my favourite spaces. I love the current displays, including a bunch of swings, which me and the boys got couldn't leave alone. I love that the art here is so mixed, as I think it's important for the boys to know that creativity comes in many shapes and forms. I also visited a couple of times by myself, just to get out of the house and not in shops. Somewhere to have quite, and be in a big space filled with art I find good for my mind. I know it's not for everyone, but it's a place where I can feel inspired and relax as it's not all about rushing around and doing a bunch. 




Clearing Out My Wardrobe 

This was one of thee best months for clearing out a load portion of my hoard. For those of you that don't know I'm a massive hoarder, and it's been almost a three year journey. So I've been selling, donating and giving away my clothing amongst other stuff. I was suppose to be on a spend ban, which I completely failed at. But I did manage to sell a bunch, and gave a bunch away. Soon we will be able to get a new desk, and set up a nice space which I hope will help both mine and Baz's creativity. It's been a long and slow process, but I feel like the end its in sight now. This month I plan to really push more and free up space all over. I think it will help reduce stress and make for better living. 


What were your favourite things from last month? 

1 comment

  1. Oh wow, that bread does look really impressive. I can imagine that the smell of fresh bread filling the house would be so nice as well!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x