The New Valentines

Faith Natural 'kiss' trainers* from Debenhams    
  
Once upon a time, valentines use to feel like thee most depressing day of the year. That if you were single, you were doomed and even if you were in a couple if you weren't drowning in a mass of chocolate, flowers and locking lips non stop you were doing it wrong. It kind of sucked the joy from the day, and I think put most people off celebrating it all together. 

Baz and I have been together 15 years, and we have never been massive on it. We would exchange ideas on things we liked, and never went crazy on gifting. One special present,  and a home cooked meal have made treasured memories. Like the time I blow out candles, and blow wax on Baz and burned him. Or going to noodle time in greenwich, and almost eating my hair. But weather your with anyone or not, valentines has had a makeover. I love that now Valentines is becoming less about couples, and seeing more people go out and celebrate their friendships or treat themselves is the way forward. So if you haven't treated yourself this year, then now is the perfect time to give yourself some love and go for it. You don't and shouldn't feel bad, being on your own is better then being with someone who isn't right for you.

My rainbow  Skinnydip clutch that Baz got me, my rainbow Nasty Gal top I treated myself to last month.

If you are loved up, then enjoy it. Yes we have all year to love someone, but Valteines can give you that little reminder to maybe just do something a little more. It doesn't have to be something major, often I think just having some real time together with good food, a relaxed atmosphere can be the one. 

Baz and I had decided to no gifts, but we both broke it and picked each other a little something up. I usually surprise him, but this year he surprised me first and I'd had a rough week it was lovely. Yep we didn't wait till the day, but we both needed a little pick me up. We are going to do a simple popcorn and movie night, as were both a bit under the weather for a proper date night. It's freezing here in London at the mo. Also my boys have informed me,  that it's also there Valentines days too so they will make me cards if I pick them up some chocolates. Honestly I had to try not to laugh, but they better be some nice cards, if they are getting a box each they already had the bath bombs I had treated the too. Still I'm thankful that they want to get involved.  


So whatever you decided to do this Valentines, I hope you have a fun one. I have some great memories of hosting  movie nights with my girls, and we would watch all the sloppy rom coms slag they off for being completely unrealistic and eat pizza. Making  my mum cards, eating half her chocolates and buying a plastic rose when I was a kid. And the first Valentines card I ever wrote, which was to my dog Fred because I hated everyone and I was only six. What are you up to this Valentines? 

No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x