Thrift Haul | October



Happy Halloween! Yes it's my favourite time of the year, but also the most expensive for me I have a ton of birthdays before Christmas. Then Christmas shopping for our boys and family and then my youngest sons birthday is the end of January. So mama has to get thrifty, and as you know by now I love the charity shops. My absolute go to at the minute is Sue Ryder, and this whole haul is from there. I've picked up some absolute gems already and we are only a few days into October. 


I had some pieces in mind, and tried to thrift as closely as possible to that list. Others were just a must have, that I couldn't say no too. The weather in London is still mixed, and it's still fairly warm here so I've been buying a mixer of light clothing and warm so I can layer outfits. As I've mentioned before I'm a hoarder, so I've made sure that pieces have been leaving the house too. As what's the point of keeping cute clothing that you simple don't love anymore and are never going to wear. I have been limiting myself to no more then five items per week, which is a lot still but better then the amount I was buying. I feel awful as I haven't uploaded any of my hauls, my last one was February! But I promise no matter how big or small, I will start as it also acts as a log of what I'm bringing into the house. I got all these pieces from Sue Ryder. 


Necklace: Topshop, Bracelets: M&S*, Nail polish: Nailsinc colour Victoria 

Glitter purple 'Halloween top' 

I have been after a top for Halloween for ages, I still have my skeleton jumper from ASOS that I've had for years now. But fancied something a bit glittery for my favour holiday, this one is a little on the smaller size but fits like a glove. I love the cut and I will get a lot of wear out of it this autumn. I love this shade of purple as it's a little more pastel goth, and looking forward to styling it up. 

Glittery Top-  £2.00 



Badge: Tate Modern

 The Midi length skirt

I had seen a skirt just like this retailing at £75! I full in love with it's denim like quality and couldn't get it out of my head. I usually don't look at the skirt selection much when I'm in Sue Ryder, but this vintage Marks and Spencer beauty was poking out. I tried it on over my jeans, as vintage sizes usually is a couple of sizes smaller now. It fit and I absolutely love it, it's a great cut and the perfect midi length on me as I'm only short. I also picked up this denim like crochet jumper, as I was thinking about block colouring this outfit but also I'm obsessed with all things denim and denim tones. 

Skirt- £2.00


Rainbow Warrior 

As you know I love everything rainbow, also I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm so obsessed with the whole hippy warrior vibe. So when I spotted this beauty - Which I was told was going to be throw as they didn't think anyone would buy it! I particular throw my money at them, it cost £2! It's one of my favourite buys from this month. I also nabbed this 90s yellow zip up top, it's a little shinny but it reminds me of Romy and Michelle so I thought I'd probably find a way of styling it up. 

Hoody-£2.00 
Yellow Top- £2.00



Earrings: Alixepress, Necklace: boohoo*
Pink Pop


I had seen this blazer in the charity shop about three times and every time I picked it up. So I thought just buy it, as I can always pass it on. It's so cute, it's cropped and either 80s or 90s which I would usual pay more for if I was vintage or Ebay shopping. It has gold buttons and is a really nice cut, I thought I could layer it in winter and would probaly get more out of it in summer. Then I spotted this top, and I loved the monster print it's really funky and perfect for when I'm having a lazy day. It's by Eley Kishimoto, it looks late 90s but has never been worn so the colours are bright perfect for non jumper days. 

Pink crop jacket: £3.00
Monster Print top: £2.00 

Homeware 

I haven't picked up that much homeware, as I'm trying to clear out all my clutter as I mentioned. But I fall in love with this elephant, and I'm using him as my reminder to keep clearing out stuff I don't need. His literally my elephant in the room, his is this lovely sunny colour and i just looking at him. As he come in I give a whole bag of bits and bobs to the charity shop, as cute as some things were they didn't go or I simple full out of love with them. I actual got him a while ago, but I wanted to include him as his one of my favourite things in the house. 

Yellow Elephant: £1.50

So these were some of my finds for September and October, I'm trying not to buy as much but I always find things so I'm such I'll have another post about the bits I've picked up. What have you been thrifting for? 

1 comment

  1. Ahhh these are all so beautiful, such great finds! Just come across your blog and it's so unique, can't wait to read more! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like! :D)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x