London Fashion Week: Ong-Oaj Pairam A/W14 Collection


As I said I only had a couple of shows this season (poor planning on my part) but what I did see was truly breath taking. I was delighted to attend Ong-Oaj Pariram A/W collection, as I had not been to a his shows before nor seen his designs I had no idea what to expect. The lights went up and what flowed down the catwalk was magical, the female models hair was swept back into swirling beehives. As the first model strutted down in a tailored suit, I couldn't help but fall in love with the detail print and texture. The detail in the suit jackets and dresses of flowers, and the hint of leopard print with the jackets were a nice twist on classics. The shoes were very ladylike, with metallic and open lacing kept them sassy without being too sexy.


British-Thai designer Ong-Oaj Pairam showcased his third season on Friday during a successful runway show at Fashion Scout, Freemasons Hall. The show explored a fascination with danger, dreaming up an army of seductive super villains inspired by the designer’s all-time favourite anti-hero Ursula from the Little Mermaid. Ong-Oaj uses the finest British textiles and original prints, many pieces accented with hours of hand embroidery. The colour pallet reflects the warning markings of dangerous animals, dark sultry dresses are accented with toxic bright outwear and metallic snakeskin accessories. Ong-Oaj developed his prints drawing on inspiration from the darker works of American modernist artist Charlie Harper, and through an exploration of toxic animals and plants.




I really enjoyed the show and the dresses at the end where stunning I think red carpet potential. I think if your trying for this look on the high street, go for sharp tailored pieces with heavy prints (if they match even better) stay to a palette of yellow, green, blue and red and swap black for grey. I think I will be trying my best to get my hair like this, as it really finished the whole look and soften from all the structure of the clothing. I know this was inspired by Ursula from the Little Mermaid, but I couldn't help but feel it was more like they were modern day Alfred Hitchcock characters. I think it's because of the hair and stiletto of that the Hitchcock era that smouldering effortless chic vibe. 


That's So Yesterday & TK Maxx for LFW




No comments

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x