Purple Dip Dye & The World On My Shoulders

My hair had a good day today, but lately it's looked more like a crumpled piece of paper that you just can't flatten out. The ends were really damaged so I trimmed it, and you may say 'but where? It's still long' but when you have had hair down your back for years, even a little going is a big deal. Sad but true. So apart from having to flat iron my hair for it to look half acceptable, and not like I'm auditioning to be a member of fraggle rock I'm a little down. (Also have a personal thing, I won't go into on here as it's not my place)

Now I know it sounds stupid, because it's not anyone else's fault but my own.  I've put 5lb in less than a month yeah thanks Christmas and all your calorie filled goodness, not a big deal right. Right, it's not so before any ones like shut up moaning this is whats getting me down. Wake up and pick out something to wear, oh my fave jeans ...Don't fit, oh maybe my new skirt ....Won't fit. Okay try another pair of stretch jeans Law, queue me sucking in my stomach as much as humanly possible. I literally have nothing to wear, I'm not going to buy a whole new wardrobe! So it's time for cutting out the crap, and doing some crazy workout off You Tube in hope that some how I can wear something else other than sweat pants! Yep, I'm Regina George, sweat pants are the only thing that fit me.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Jacket: River Island*
Top: F&F
Jeans: Primark
Boots: eBay
Necklace: Baz (birthday gift)

I have new found respect for people who transform their bodies, it's so hard to not just give up and be like 'please that bloody cake!'. I turn the big 3,0 on Saturday, and I feel I've let myself down. I said that by thirty, I would be in the best shape of my life by this I mean mental and body wise. So I'm trying to focus on the good in my life, Baz and my boys and my family, friends. I thought about taking a break from blogging, but than I think blogging pushes me it gives me focus to get things done. Maybe it's the new year, I don't know I'm just in a silly self pity hole. We all fall in them sometimes, I think next week, I'll start a new and stop worrying so much.

What's been your new year woe? How do you pick yourself back up again?


Photobucket
Photobucket

18 comments

  1. Replies
    1. thanks lovely, almost didn't fit in these jeans x

      Delete
  2. I love how bright the blue is! You are gorgeous the way you are, but I agree being healthy is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww cheers lovely, yeah I mean don't get me wrong it's just about fitting in my clothes. I'm not doing anything crazy, I like having hips etc... Yes being healthy is what I'm aiming for, I've abused my body over the years with junk food, late nights, out drinking etc... Time for some much needed love. x

      Delete
  3. I was just about to comment on your facebook pic saying LOVE THE HAIR, then realised youve put a blog post up so got distracted reading it. AND WHAT THE HELL... i LOVE your hair first off, personally think its my fav so far.
    Also, i feel your pain as you know ive been every size from 18/20-6. I actually managed to put on 18pound in 1 month (thats not exagerrating, proven by weight watchers, cringe) all my clothes currently in the UK are size 8, im currently size 16 go figure.
    Basically, your beauts and we can go shopping when i come back for our whole new wardrobes!!!
    ps im back next week
    hahahaha

    sam :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing exactly the same as u. I am 10st and a size 10 to 12 but I am wobbly.and cellulity because of junk food and drink!! Im 28 now and married so dont 'party' like I used to, nor do I smoke anymore so I want to undo some of the bad stuff while I can. Still have fun and treats but much more in moderation. Good luck to u lovely. That hair really looks striking and gorgeous!!

    Nicki xx

    nickikinickie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. My new year woe is definitely my body woes as well :( I'm so unhappy with what I see in the mirror, all the time. Daily swimming before work and spinning classes afterwards aren't even helping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5lbs or 50lbs, ill always lve you babe. youll always be my CT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is so pretty, I would love that done, but it so damaged at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've struggled with my weight for years. I put on 3.5lbs over Xmas and have to lose 11 to get wereIfeel comfortable. Turning 30 wasn't a bit deal for me. I'm 37 this year but I think my 30s have been the most challenging but rewarding period of my life :) Most people feel bad at this time of year. Your hair and weight will change. Your blog is Fab. One of my favs. I hope life perks up soon and happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that you have been a bit down, sending hugs to you! I know the feeling with not fitting in clothes but I have already started to make some small changes so hopefully I will see the effect soon!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh sweetie, you look amazing! Look at those two little boys you have and what a good mommy you are! :) I can only imagine how scary looming 30th bday may be, but think of how much fun is still ahead of you!

    I also gained A LOT of weight over Christmas and I still keep eating! All of my good habits went out of the window and I still didn't go running. :(

    Hugs and kisses! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, I am also a fan of junk food, booze and late nights! It's so easy to put on but hard to lose, but if you put your mind and body to it you can get to your happy weight. I think being happy and healthy is more important than how you look for sure.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look great but o can understand your woes . I've too put on weight over Christmas which is like a massive kick in the teeth after losing two stone last year :( I still love my body but not being able to get into my favourite velvet trousers have crushed me . but hay I can get there (even with PCOS) standing in my way .
    we cab do it!! think positive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your hair looks stunning! such a cool colour. i often sit around in my pj bottoms just so i don't have to struggle with trying to fit into tiny jeans! i can't even tell you've put on any weight, you always look so fab law. focusing on all the good things is definitely the best way to get yourself out of a mood. well it helps me anyway! hope you have a really fab birthday & get treated like a princess for your 30th! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you hair colour - love the orange/pink line before the blue starts - that's cool - also really like your jeans - the bleaching and side zips are just so good ! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing jeans and I adore the blue ombred hair!

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair is AWESOME! Great denim too. xA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x