What I've Been Wearing | April



I don't know if you follow me on Instagram, but lately I've been trying to post all my daily outfits. I've done pretty well at keeping on top of it, as I think it helps me feel better about getting ready, as I can get very anxious about it and get stuck in my head. I feel it's pushing me a bit more, and I look forward to putting an outfit together. 

I'm trying not to wear the same things, and trying harder to fully enjoy my wardrobe. I have so many thrifted pieces, that I've not worn yet, so I feel like if they don't get worn then I'll be taking them back to the charity shop.  There's been so much going on lately, that I haven't been able to post my full outfits for a while now. It's not that I don't want too, it's either a case of having no time, or not having anyone to take them for me. So I thought just for now I would share what I've posted on there over here too, with a few extras as not everyone is on Instagram - shock horror I know and I've really been enjoying my wardrobe. So here's what I've been wearing, and maybe it may give you some inspiration for your spring wardrobe. 

 The thrifted outfit


I absolutely love green, but I've not found loads in the shops at the moment. And everything I have seen has not really been me. I was on eBay one evening and spotted these River Island leaf print jeans, I instantly full in love. I was all ready to buy them, but then I got distracted and forgot about them. The fashion gods were shining down on me, because I managed to bag these for a whole £1 at my local charity shop. I was so happy, as I was all ready to part with £20. 

Then on another trip I spotted this Mickey top, I love Mickey mouse and have a couple of tops that I've had forever. This one cost me £3 and I love it, I love the print and the big orange D. I've found some absolute gems lately, but I'm making sure that I drop some bits off as well as I'm still clearing out a heap of stuff. I paired this outfit with my Primark boots, I love these boots and they were well worth the £3 - Thank you january sell. You can't really go wrong with a tee and jeans, and I'm all about prints.   

The all pink outfit

That pink ruffled Monki top, when I saw it in the store I knew I had to have it. I hadn't treated myself to a new in a while, as I tend to thrift most of my wardrobe. I left it a while, but after going in for the third time and seeing it I decided it was worth it. I've worn it three times so far, and it makes me feel like a princess.

It's a stretch fabric and has all these ruffles, it's sheer but I prefer to wear a little tee underneath. It reminds me of Marie Antoinette you know the movie, remember back in 2006 when Kirsten Dunst looked like a bloody babe. Then I decided to team them with my £1 candy stripe jeans, also another charity shop bargain. I also managed to stick a chain on my Skinny-dip bag, so now instead of being a clutch that I'll only use once I have a across body bag I can use everyday. 




The will it be hot or cold outfit


Towards the end of this week I literally had no clue what to except, in London it has raining one second and and sunny the next. So jeans and a light top, were a good go too it wasn't too warm or cold so I threw on my rainbow cardigan and I had the perfect outfit. I love the lace on this top, and it had been a while since i had worn it. 

Of course I needed to add some rainbow into it, and my Tatty Devine rainbow necklace hadn't been out in a while. I love this necklace, it's so pretty the way each colour is cut and after doing a jewellery workshop with them I know how much skill and work goes into each one. My friend Emma give me these jeans, and I love them my last pair of ripped jeans fall apart as I wore them so much. I also made myself a earring stand, as I didn't realise just how many I had. It seems I have a pretty big collection, so this is so handy and I've started to wear them a lot more. I've had these star ones forever, but they are just so cute.   




The comfortable outfit

I have been living in these checked dungarees from Monki, I saw them on the sales assistant and literally fall over myself to go find them. I got them in a size up, so mine are a little loose but they are perfect and feel super comfortable. I know I look a little clown chef like, but hey clown realness is my vibe. I've seen a ton of people style these, and I think rainbow with them seems to be a winner. I think they are great for any weather, and are my go to when I want to look a little more put together without trying. 

I've had this pastel rainbow top a while now, and it's super soft. I go it from Aliexpress so it was cheap as chips, I try not to buy too many cheapy clothing as I know that it's not ethical. This is another big reason I love to thrift, and that way I know I'm giving a home to something that may have just been throw out. I know with tops like these, they will be in my wardrobe for years. So while cheap stuff isn't great, I know I will wear it to death and won't buy x amount because I have something i really love. 

Like I said I've started to wear my earrings a lot more now, since making the board. I think they are another way to dress this outfit up a bit more. Keeping it from looking super casual. Saying that I'm all about comfort, it's felt like thee longest week so it's a step up from pjs. 


The out shopping outfit 


It was so hot on  the weekend, and while I wasn't buying clothing I knew that if I was near a Monki I would go and try stuff on. Yes I know I'm obsessed with Monki, but honestly I feel like they are the only high street store that has stuff that appeals to me. I took a quick snap of my outfit that day, I was sweating like a pig - I know glamours right. But I finally wore my heart skirt, I got this back in January from Pretty little things sale and just haven't had the confidence to wear it.

I'm so glad it was roasting, as I knew I couldn't wear jeans. The top is by an old skull brand called Ringspun, which I managed to thrifted via eBay. I absolutely love it and wore it a lot last summer. I've been wearing all my old converse to death, and these pink ones are my go to at the mo. I really liked this outfit, and it feels good to tackle my BDD and not worry so much about what I look like.

Sadly I didn't have time to snap todays outfit, but I'm going to try and keep snapping until I can do a proper outfit post. I have some new bits and pieces, and I'm going to get back into sharing what I've thrifted for Spring. What has been your go to lately? I'd love to know.

1 comment

  1. Love all these outfits, especially the pink one! You wear colour so damn well. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x