London Fashion Week SS15 - It's A Bag Thing



Sometimes the easiest why to change the look of most things in your wardrobe, is to change your bag be it backpack, handbag or satchel the choice is endless. It can be an investment piece, on trend or something fun but it can change up those go to outfits. Personally I like fun bags, as your outfit can remain grown up but than you have something playful. 

I think fashion should be fun, and a statement bag is an instant way to show that. Of course it's a good idea to think about items you carry around with you daily when buying a new bag, and where you tend to go or if it's for a special event. So maybe a bigger bag for work and a small bag for weekends, I tend to have a mix of styles as having nothing but one type of bag can limit you. Having a backpack for days where I need to have my boys things or a change of footwear is perfect, and clutches are great for a night out where I tend to bring my pass, keys, purse and phone. Bucket bags are smarter than backpacks but have heaps of space. Also a bag with pockets are great for being able to carry makeup and glasses etc.. and not end up with a phone covered in lipstick. Material is a big factor too, can you clean it down if it's an everyday bag? As a bag you will only use every now and than is not such a issue. 

Here were some of my favourites from the cobbles at London Fashion Week - Clutches seem to win the bag war and came in all shapes and sizes (they just add instant cool to an outfit). An egg bag by Luna on the moon, all seeing eye from designer Sunita Mukhi, Topshop's monster faux fur clutch or Catseye pop art number. Can you spy my D.I.Y bag from TK Maxx? 

                                                   That's So Yesterday & TK Maxx for LFW 

4 comments

  1. Love this post! Those are some amazing bags!! I reeeally want the popcorn one haha xx

    Www.jessica-chelsey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fried egg bag is amazing! I'm not a huge lover of fried eggs but I would love to carry that beauty around!

    I love your own little personalised clutch too, such an easy thing to do but it looks soooo good!

    Collette
    inkedhibiscus.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x