Movie Vs Book

Now I know some of you will have already shouted at the screen just from reading the title of this post- In your head of course. Well actual some may have said it out loud, take a deep breath and relax. I don't know why but no matter where you are, or who your with. This debate will come up. It's one that you don't want to get wrong, say movie and people look at you like you go by pictures to order your meal. Say book and people think your boring or that you just read the book to tell the moviegoers how it ends.


Rug: Urban Outfitters*


I'm going to admit this, and I'm not proud as I do love to read but I'm going with Film/Movie. Yes it's a bit lazy, and to be honest I'm fine with that I'm dyslexic and so can be reading a book for what seems like a decade while others have finished it within a week. Saying that, I love nothing more than a foreign film in which I have to read. I guess the words are almost throw at you, and if you miss it than you can try and make it out from whats happening on screen. Than on the other hand you have my friends, who most would choose the book every time. They tell me that in a movie you don't always connect with a character as much, which is true. If the wrong actor/actress is picked, who plays themselves in everything and you have killed the story.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I would love to be the person who reads the book, you always seem to have an intense love of a story/film or hate it and wish it was never written. I think while films bring out a visual perspective you may never have imagined while reading, they can also be a let down if you have an idea of how you see it. For kids I think movies are great, but at the same time will we became a culture where reading is not encouraged. 

The idea of that scares me, I struggle with the world of words and numbers but when it clicks and I read something magical and inspiring it stays with me more than a film. I think you can't have a great epic film without the book or writers, this is why so many films/movies nowadays are complete and utter rubbish. Let's make it 3D and people will love it, well no actual we won't it's just like putting sprinkles on a dog poo. So maybe on the surface I'm for film, but at the heart of it we need the book. It's peoples love of the book, that makes a film marker want to bring their vision in writing to life . 

So Movie vs Book what are your thoughts? Will books ever disappear? Do you think movies are improved with 3D or you prefer 2D, let me know .............

8 comments

  1. I just can´t choose.. I love books, but I also love movies. Some times the book is better, and some times the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a massive reader and am yet to find a movie that was better than the book. And you're right about foreign movies. A lot of my faves are either French or Japanese :-p

    I honestly don't believe that books will ever disappear. I do have a Kindle but only last week I had to go to a book shop and buy some because I'm strange and was craving that 'book smell'. I think that as long as there are people like me that need to feel the pages turn at their fingertips and get so engrossed they miss their tube stops/days of the year, books will NEVER disappear.



    Writer’s block and broken lenses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to read the book before a movie but sometimes the movie is definitely better! It just depends on what you are in the mood for :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a die hard book junkie but I have no imagination which makes it difficult for me to imagine faces and buildings I read about. I'm reading Game of Thrones right now and the fact I've seen the TV show allows me to fill in the gaps. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a book fab but ill admit some films have fit it down- pride and preduice is one. But I think it mostly stems from the fact I can't watch a 3d film full atop abd struggle to watch a whole film at the cinema. I need my glasses and often just can't hear things right on the big screen. That abd I fall asleep. What I'm trying to say is I prefer books because I know I'll actually finish it

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a really big reader so i'm going to have to go with book. i have no problem with film adaptations for most books, in fact i love most of the ones i've seen but i just don't tend to watch movies that often and i'd say i only go to the cinema a couple of times a year, so i just have to go books.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it can depend onthe story - for example, I LOVE Game of Thrones, but I don't think I'd enjoy the books. Usually, I'd say books, but I like watching a film then reading the book though, as I think it keeps me interested in the book (yeah, I'm the type to read the end first!! Lol) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot for the life of me get into Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, I've tried but I don't know if it's the way it's written or something else, I just cannot be bothered with it (I know, I'm awful). I like reading books before the movie, I like to see how my imagination matches up with the real world. I kind of liked watching Harry Potter a few books ahead of the movies because I pictures the old movies while reading the new books so I had an amazing sense of continuity through the whole thing.

    The written word is man's greatest achievement, if we're still around in 1000 years time, so will books I think :) they may not be on paper anymore though mind!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x