We Need To Talk About

Sadly this was from the other day, as London is rainy and grim again (what's new) it's getting really annoying my summer clothing is screaming 'wear me' and I have to throw on a jumper instead! So at the first beam of any sun light, I am grabbing any summer clothing and risking it. So these are the jeans that I dip dyed, you can't see the top of them but they are a darker blue -they were suppose to be a lilac but I got a dud one I think and the dye was blue so a little upset. If only now I was on my way to the beach, book in one hand cocktail in the other and the smell of sea salt in the air. Instead it's the smell of peoples smelly feet in shops, and trying to remember what I went in the shop for ( yeah my brain is still mushy).

I have been watching heaps of films lately, and there are so many I would recommend - One being 'We need to talk about Kevin' I will warn you it's pretty full on. I have to say it's so though provoking and having boys myself it really hit a very unsettling chord, it also really made me look at how in the past I have blamed parents for what a child has done. Let me fill you in a little so this makes sense, Kevin is a teen a rather twisted boy and he does a terrible thing for which his mother really pays for. Is it really right for a mother to suffer for her child's bad choices (when I say child Kevin is about to turn 16), when a teen shots up their school or does something beyond comprehension we blame the parents. 

Top: c/o Clothing at Tesco
Jeans: D.I.Y dip dye by me c/o Clothing at Tesco
Sandals: Charity shop
Necklace & Ring: Accessorize
Braid bracelet: eBay

This film shows the relationship between the two, and how sadly a mother just wants to really love her son even if he is a twisted monster. It's so, so tragic and I just wanted to cry, but I think it will make me stop and think before saying ' well it's the parents '. I'm not sure if I could ever love my child if they did something like this, but when you have raised them to be good people it must crush your soul (I felt crushed for her, even as a kid he was a brat). I think she blames herself as most parents do, clearly Kevin even as a child had something missing. Sometimes you don't want to give up on someone, even if they are damaged. Like I said a film that will have you questioning yourself.

What films have you been watching?



24 comments

  1. Have you read the book!? It's very good. I cried like a baby at the end -- it was so sad. I felt so badly for her, but I also felt badly for Kevin... he clearly had something missing or something not right with him, and I almost felt bad that as a character he had that sort of empathy missing, you know? I look at my two nephews and I can't help but think I would just never recover if they did something that horrible -- but I know my sister, I know how she raised them, so I could never blame her. It's so easy to blame parents and to forget that kids are just slightly smaller people! They make their own decisions, sometimes, regardless of what their parents taught them.

    I love this outfit. I keep forgetting to mention, but I love love your hair!!

    xo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Hey can you leave me a link to your blog as I can not find it :(
      Yes it's so true about Kevin, I think his a sociopath as they have no remorse as the part of the brain that is for it is damaged. I think the book when have me balling like a baby too.

      Delete
  2. you have done a top notch job on the jeans. i'm not a massive film buff if i honest, i know my gf has seen that film and she said it was really good. i have a short attention span when it comes to films so if it doesn't grab me in some way i turn off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me it will grab you, Barry didn't what to watch it. I went to turn it off as i was going to watch it later and he stopped me haha so check it out. It's artistic in a very surreal way.

      Delete
  3. I love that plaited bracelet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura you look amazingggg! Some professional photography going on there haha!

    Gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Gemma there really wasn't, I wish there had been.

      Delete
  5. Great outfit

    www.starryeyed-1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sick of the weather too and not being able to wear my new dresses and shorts :( I've got a cold at the moment so it's not bothered me as much the last couple of days because I've barely been out of my pyjamas. I know you wanted them to be purple but I love the colour that your jeans turned out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, and yeah I hear you. I hope your cold goes, and that we do get some sun soon. I think I will get to the point were I will wear my summer stuff in the rain and look like a crazy person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous look, so summery and bright - I love!
    Talking about that film is so relevant today as the news comes that a 14 year old has been let off after raping a girl because the judge blames society - terrigying.
    I watched an old movie the other day called 'Heavy Metal' it is a kinda grown up animation following the journey of pure evil. It made no sense, just lots of big cartoon boobs - but the music was great :)

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that poor girl, what kind of sick judge lets someone blame society! At 14 you are very aware of right and wrong! Sick
      Aww big boob animation haha

      Delete
  9. I'm def going to watch that now! You should check out Black Balloon, its so good but pretty upsetting. Its about a young boy who has a severely autistic brother and how it affects him. His dad is in the army and so he has to start over in a new neighborhood quite often and because he is looking after his brother he struggles to make friends. It had Gemma Ward in it (my FAVE) and its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I will do, I have never heard of it but will check it out. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! The shirt and pants look great together. Your hair is AMAZING.
    http://www.stephaniejw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fab in this outfit! I really want to read that book but I know it would upset me so I haven't psyched myself up yet!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I watched the film again the other night and it is rather unsettling. I still think it's worth reading/watching xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ! Just discovered your blog, love your style !



    xx




    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting. I haven't seen the film but when I read the book I got the impression that he was definitely moulded by his mothers actions... I want to see the film now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x