River Island Christmas Collection 2012

So Clare, Mary, Gemma, Becca and I, managed to plan our day of events well as we also went to see what River Island had to offer us all for the winter season. As we headed in I couldn't help noticing glitter across the floor, and than looking up to see super size red ball ball's it started to feel like a Christmas Party.

River Island seem to go from strength to strength, this collection called 'Baroque and Roll' blow our minds. Making black the 'it' colour it use to be, texture mix is a must and I think it's the best way to stay warm in winter without a huge bulk coat. River Island describe this collection as opulent, which it really is with a palette of black and gold and beautiful detail from knitwear to skirts it's ticking the Baroque trend head on.







Gemma and Clare enjoy the Christmas cocktails- which were magical.

There were ladylike boucle jackets for the more girly, but with a twist of  biker-esque detail. I really like that styles that have always be seen as masculine, are being transformed into soft wearable pieces. I really like to have an edgy to an outfit, but a lot of the time it can look far to harsh and a tad scruffy. 

This collection is a great balance between the two girl meets boy, plus there were a huge selection of body jewellery rather than hanging around your necklace it sets around your collar bone and shoulders. I really love this, as you can jazz up a day time outfit to night just by throwing on this style of jewellery! Style savvy. 






To get us in the festive spirit River Island had special festive cocktails, the one I got was mixed in a tea pot and it looked like a magic potion! They did have a prescription one served in a glass medicine bottle, it was so fun and I came over all Lady Gaga with my cup and saucer. So with Gold leaf macaroon in hand, I was trying to make a mental note of what I would get. It was impossible, it was all so wearable for me so Santa if you read this I'll take one of everything cheers.

Video being added soon.





25 comments

  1. Sequin embellished dress is lovelyyyy! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything was so stunning in real life! x

      Delete
  2. You dip dye hair is awesome!

    Amanda
    jux.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious need to check this lot out when it arrives in store - love the textures.
    Is that a green sheepskin hat or just a prop?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a hat, not sure if it's sheepskin. It will be arriving soon so keep checking their site x

      Delete
  4. Haha, I spy a Florrie hanging out in the background.

    I do like some of these pieces but some look awful - cheap and dated. In-store that might be different however.

    I DO love the cocktails though - how did they make the bubbles?!
    X

    fashiondotty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know they used c20 in my drink I think, it was so cool. Yeah that is Florrie bless her, I found this collection stunning in real life, defo not dated or cheap trust me you will love it xx

      Delete
  5. Aaaah, everything looks so beautiful! I can't wait for the fall and winter collections to start rolling in, they're my favourite seasons - especially fashion-wise! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first jacket looks amazing! x

    jodieolivia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, I love the look of the dress with the gold shoulder definitely some statement pieces in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a necklace! <3 I know how amazing is it xx

      Delete
  8. Oh there are so many amazing pieces! Some gorgeous textures x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I know I had to be strong and leave them there hahaha x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I think the blue shirt and knitted red bow tie would be right up your street. (but yeah I am loving floral at the mo). x

      Delete
  11. The jacket in the first photo and cardigan in the last are both getting me excited! Seems like a gorgeous collection xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos!
    i love those spiky shoes theyre awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing photots! Great jewellery and the new collection looks amazing! But what the hell was that you were drinking?? Lol.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog and please do have a look at my new post http://pinkyvintagexx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/nail-alert-metallic-monochrome.html XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love winter collections! :) Can't wait to shop the AW trends! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x