Motel Rocks A/W Press Day 2012

Motel has become a go to label for bloggers, and seeing their autumn-winter collection I can see why. I final met Selina who not only works for Motel, but writes Flying Saucer - She is a blogging legend! So back to the collection, there are six themes which are 
Fierce
Luxe Lace
Winter Garden
Gothic Glamour
Eye Popping Prints
Shimmer and Shine

I really liked the mix of different textures and prints, that made up these themes. Selina talked me through and I don't know how she remember everything, but it got me really excited about the different pieces and I was already styling them in my head. I always love hearing the story for the collections, I think you can get a feel for it more. I would say that 'Shimmer and Shine' is my favourite out of the themes, give me some sparkle I'm always sold!



I was holding someone else coke BTW, one is my limit- how stunning does Selina look in the Winter Floral dress


Luxe Lace- Baroque baby, but this is Motel style so fabrics are stretchy and fit in all the right places. Think lavish lace, velvet and embroidered details, as seen on the catwalk Motel have transformed this trend into pieces that are more wearable, they have made over their famous 'Gina' dress too! I love the 'Star' pants form fitting and with lace detail, will have disco pants looking a tad dull for a perfect day to night outfit. (As worn by Taz, pictured below)


Gothic Glamour- One word leatherette! Think 'goth girl' for 2012, peekaboo lace, and sheer mesh paneling think seductive rebel. I really adored the leather look 'Dorine' skirt, with the full zip front detail it's a skirt you can keep going back to, simple but chic. They also have a jacket named 'Suzie Q', so it's a perfect collection for anyone who wants some edgy but still keep it girly.



Shimmer and Shine- Firstly the 'Magic' dress, a dress that with a swipe of your hand goes from a blue sequin dress, to a gold sequin dress was just so clever. A girl shows up in the same dress, just move the sequins to the other side for a different colour on your dress!  Also how stunning is the Bernice picture above, I love all the different colours and it's the perfect top to wear with everything over the festival season. This collection feature sequins on well almost everything, metallic hot pants and cute cropped bralets for a playful look.


Becca (Fashion Train) & Taz- Creeper twins, Taz is another fab Motel gal! 




Winter Garden- Floral print's are given a winter makeover seen by Peter Pilotto, think feminine florals by day in pop of colour and muted monochrome palettes for night. The 'Robyn' dress has black and white posy print, and is such a great cut for faking the perfect hourglass figure! There are also dresses, that have an almost digitally like flower print and sit off the shoulder to showcase collarbones and create more drama. (As worn by Selina, in the photo at the top).



Fierce- Is a 90's revival, so if your like me a child of the 90's than you will recall the rave culture, grunge which in this collection is now grunge glam and how could you forget these heat tech t-shirts that we all went mad for. Well Motel have taken that as inspire for this cool print, which I am all over at least this time round you can have the effect without everyone touching you.The high waisted leopard print shorts 'Izzy' are already online, which I need in my life!




Eye Popping Prints- Motel are widely know for their prints, you can always spot one of their dresses or skirts it's like their watermark on fashion. So 'Eye Popping Prints' says what it does on the tin, it has a 60's vibe about it. I could see Twiggy rocking the 'Zabby' dress, down Carnaby street and everyone dancing Austin Powers style. Turtlenecks feature heavily and items have repeat optical print, to give the eye-popping effect with block shape and statement polka dots.


Motel also carry the jewellery label Rock N Rose, which have such great statement pieces for A/W and are worth checking out if your after a quick update to our wardrobe now.
Thank you so much to the peeps at Motel, I really look forward to seeing blogger/non bloggers rock this collection. This collection will be online very soon, some pieces are already online so have a look.


Don't forget I'm hosting a GIVEAWAY so click here if you haven't entered yet.







6 comments

  1. Everything looks amazing! Maybe it is time to get some Motel in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sequin embellished dress is gorgeous! and loveee rock and rose jewellery! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get over that magic dress! Perfect collection x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can get good ideas when I come here and enrich my experience in fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the sequins! Can't beat a sequinned number for Christmas can you? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. things are pretty glam and the old high street level these days aren't they. posh stuff! i get what you mean about the museum thing, very true sometimes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I really do love hearing from you x